Test Centre AssociateApply for this job →
- £12.00 - £12.00
- Part time permanent
- Sheffield S1 2EX
- Reed Assessment
Reed in Partnership changes peoples lives for the better.
Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service?
Would you like a role that enables you to meet and help new people every day?
Then consider the position of Test Centre Associate at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services. Our DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) programme, provides secure assessment of prospective new drivers for the Department of Transport. Through more than 70 test centres, we provide 1.7 million + Driving Theory Tests a year across several regions of the UK. Our delivery provides the infrastructure and processes required to test each candidates driving theory knowledge and hazard perception. We ensure the integrity and compliance of each individual test in accordance with the assessment standards set by the DVSA.
What is the role about:
Our Test Centre Associates are responsible for welcoming candidates to the test centre and facilitating their experience throughout the testing process. The main purpose of this role is to invigilate and ensure the efficient delivery of tests to candidates whilst ensuring that relevant procedures are always adhered to.
Just some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing a high level of customer service
- Checking candidates ID documents and booking them in on the system
- Ensuring the integrity and security of tests are maintained.
- Supervision and invigilation of tests
- Explaining the test process to candidates and supporting with other queries
- Reviewing tests and test centre scheduled
- Performing daily test centre opening and closing procedures
- Ensuring the test centre meets individual candidate needs in line with the Equality Act and our approach to diversity and inclusion.
- Handling and reporting incidents that could impact candidate testing.
Your Work Schedule:
Our Test Centre Associate roles offer a flexible working pattern (either part-time or occasional shifts) with the potential for additional hours to suit you. The roles offer long term employment stability and the satisfaction of assisting people at a key moment in their lives.
Shifts could range from:
Full day shifts - this could be any time between 8.00am-5.30pm/6.30pm.
Mornings - typically 8.00am-1.00pm
Afternoons - typically 12.30-5.30/6.30pm
Evenings - typically 4.30pm to 9.30pm
Afternoon & Evenings - typically 12.00pm-9.00pm
This site operates 6 days per week, the ideal candidate needs to be available mainly Evenings and Saturday shifts and flexible to pick up Mornings and Afternoons when needed.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with:
- Applicants must hold a full UK driving licence due to the nature of the role (although driving will not be required for all locations) it is not essential but preferred.
- Significant demonstrable experience in providing high-quality customer service.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure to short timescales and multi-tasking to complete a variety of competing activities.
- Experience in working with diverse customer groups.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Flexible in working hours and days, including evenings and Saturday.
- Able to remain calm and deal with confrontational candidates in a professional manner.
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma in combination with GCSE English Language Grade B or above (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). If you do not possess this level of qualification, you will be required to achieve a Level 2 in a Literacy Assessment conducted at interview stage.
Equality and Diversity
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Job reference: RinP07883