Stop Smoking Coach - ThetfordApply for this job →
- £23,500.00 - £30,500.00
- Part time permanent
- Reed Wellbeing
Are you passionate about making a difference and helping others?
Would you like to work in a customer facing role and make a positive impact on people and their communities?
Consider the role of an Stop Smoking Coach at Reed Wellbeing!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed Wellbeing is a public service provider delivering lifestyle and wellbeing programmes that help people improve their health.
This role will involve travel different locations to deliver sessions and remote delivery, so access to a vehicle is essential.
What is the role about?
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic stop smoking advisor to join our Be Smoke Free team. Some key duties of the role include; providing intensive support for smokers and tobacco users using a combination of pharmacotherapies and behavioural support; accurate record-keeping, to prioritising workload according to the needs of the service.
Just some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include
- Deliver the ‘Reed Wellbeing’ programmes and other elements of service in a manner that engages and interests all participants.
- Tailor delivery to meet the Participant’s needs and learning styles.
- Creating and maintaining a constructive and confidential learning environment
- Capturing key metrics at different points in the participants’ journey i.e. monitoring and recording participants’ progress on weight management.
- Liaise with professionals including GPs and primary care staff to promote and generate referrals to the service.
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary (pro-rata for part time), and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. You will have access to the range of Reed in Partnership benefits, which include:
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata for part time) plus statutory bank holidays
- Reed Pension Scheme
- Award Winning Management & Leadership training
- Professional & Personal Development Funds
- Bi-annual pay reviews
- Plus much more that can be found Here
With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with
- REPs Level 3 Exercise Referral Qualification or equivalent; or
- Level 3 qualification in health improvement or promotion or public health or equivalent (e.g. City & Guilds Level 3 Health Trainer or equivalent); or
- Level 3 qualification in nutrition; or
- Level 3 Training qualification (e.g. PTTLs / Award in Education & Training); or
- Degree of equivalent in a relevant subject
- Experience of delivery group based health or physical activity or advice & guidance interventions.
- Driver licence and access to a car is essential
- An understanding of and interest in health-related physical activity, healthy eating and health-related behaviour change.
- Willingness to undertake evening and weekend work as required.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel around the local area.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Job reference: RinP07856