Senior People Business PartnerApply for this job →
- £50,000.00 - £55,000.00
- Full time permanent
- Hull HU3 1XS
Do you have experience of advising management on employee relations issues?
Do you have experience of working as a People Business Partner or at a Senior level within the People profession?
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced and varied generalist HR role?
Would you like to work for an organisation that makes a difference to people’s lives?
If the answer is yes to these questions, then we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Senior People Business Partner at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
This is a hybrid role working from home and across offices in the North East and Humberside region, so some travel will be required.
What is the role about?
We are looking for an experienced People Business Partner to provide an effective People service through partnering with our Operational stakeholders (namely first line and senior managers) across a dedicated programme delivering the Restart Scheme across our offices.
Just some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Performance & Reward: Analyses and improves performance management practices in the business unit(s).
- Employee Relations: Monitors and implements policies and procedures to ensure positive, fair and legal relations with Co-Members.
- Resource & Talent Planning: Balances resource requirements and advises on recruitment, selection and retention strategies to attract and retain the best talent.
- Organisational Design: Ensures that the roles in the business meet the current and future needs and that any changes are delivered professionally and compliantly.
- Miscellaneous: Contributes to strategic HR change programmes, national projects, employment tribunal claims, L&D interventions, Health & Safety guidelines, organisational charts, secondments, contractual changes, and documentation.
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary (pro-rata for part time), and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. You will have access to the range of Reed in Partnership benefits, which include:
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata for part time) plus statutory bank holidays
- Reed Pension Scheme
- Award Winning Management & Leadership training
- Professional & Personal Development Funds
- Bi-annual pay reviews
- Plus much more that can be found Here
With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with
- Previous experience as a HR/People Business partner, at least 18 months-2 years is desirable, very confident acting as a key business partner for internal stakeholders
- Experience managing complex employee relations issues
- previous expeirence of taking the lead on restructuring and change management initiatives
- Recruitment and selection experience
- Experience in creation and delivery of key strategic projects
- Employment law knowledge
- Someone who is confident working in a fast-paced organisation and can be adaptable
- Skills such as being: commercially aware, people-oriented, analytical and decisive, influential and confident, detail-oriented and accurate, highly organised
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Job reference: RinP07808