Security ManagerApply for this job →
- £53,000.00 - £63,000.00
- Full time permanent
- Coventry CV1 5DR
- Reed Assessment
Have you got experience of implementing and managing security policies?
Do you have a working understanding of ISO/IEC 27001?
Then consider the role of Security Manager with Reed in Partnership.
Role Title: (Information) Security Manager
Salary: £53,000 - £63,000
Location – UK based - remote with occasional (fully expensed) office visits
Reports to: Head of Joint Assurance
Reed in Partnership is a public service provider delivering a range of services that transform people and their communities. These services are delivered across our Assessment, Employability, Wellbeing, Citizen Services and Environment divisions.
Our Reed Assessment division, a national provider of trusted and secure testing and assessments, is planning for the significant expansion of its testing operations during 2024. We are currently bidding for the delivery, on behalf of the Standards and Testing Agency (STA), of Key Stage 1 & 2 testing to all Primary School students in England. Securing this multi-million pound contract would see Reed Assessment responsible, directly and through its supply chain partners, for the production, distribution, marking and moderating of all key stage tests across Primary Schools.
We are now looking to build an experienced implementation and delivery team ready to successfully mobilise this contract from April 2024.
Travel to the West Midlands region (Birmingham) will be expected at critical points of the implementation cycle, the frequency of which will vary.
What is the role about?
Reed in Partnership is seeking an experienced Security Manager. Reporting to the Head of Joint Assurance you will be responsible for implementing and managing comprehensive security measures across physical, procedural and information domains across the contract.
The Security Manager will play a crucial role in implementing, and managing security policies and standards, ensuring compliance with the Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework, working with Reed IT to comply with ISO/IEC 27001, and across contract leads to comply with other relevant standards.
Just some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Act as the contract primary security point of contact, working closely with the Reed Assessment Head of IT & Security, providing support and guidance to the contract teams.
- Manage the implementation, maintenance and management of security procedures including physical security measures, information security requirements, anti-fraud requirements, incident management procedures, risk management and Business Continuity (BC) and Disaster Recovery (DR).
- Foster a culture of security awareness and compliance ensuring all contract teams are aligned with security objectives.
- Manage security elements of contracts with service providers, ensuring their alignment with the contractual obligations and security standards.
- Manage and conduct of security assurance and compliance audits and visits and the management of an audit schedule.
- Conduct of threat and risk assessments and manage these risks to ensure all are mitigated.
- Identify Security and Data Protection related risks and provide proportionate mitigation options and advice to business risk owners for decision making.
- Provide security education and awareness to contract co-members.
- Driving continued performance against security metrics and Key performance Indicators (KPIs), across the contract.
- Assist in implementation of the security strategy.
- Travel to the West Midlands region (Birmingham) will be expected at key points of the implementation cycle, the frequency of which will vary.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with:
- At least 10 years’ experience of security management, including the implementation of policies and procedures in a contract delivery role in line with key responsibilities for the Security Manager role.
- Evidence of a background in delivering an incident management plan and the overall management of security incident investigations.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments, risk management, planning and auditing.
- Experience in the implementation and management of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery activities.
- Evidence of background in continuous improvement and compliance roles focussing on security assurance.
- In depth knowledge of integrated physical security controls.
- A good understanding of the security policies including Government Security Policy Framework, ISO27001, GDPR and Data Protection and industry security best practice standards.
- Relevant security qualifications (or evidence of equivalent professional experience).
- Experience with industry frameworks in information & cyber security.
- Good knowledge of corporate and infrastructure security.
- Travel, when required, as part of the role
- Membership of a professional body.
- A relevant industry certification e.g., CISSP, CISA, CRISC, SANS GIAC, CIPP/E, CIPM.
- Experience in wider aspects of project management.
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary (pro-rata for part time), and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. You will have access to a wide range of Reed in Partnership benefits, which include:
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata for part time) + Bank Holidays
- Reed Pension Scheme
- Award Winning Management & Leadership training
- Professional & Personal Development Funds
- Bi-annual pay reviews
- Plus much more that can be found Here
With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Job Reference: RinP07672
Close Date: 26th February 2024
Job reference: RinP07672