Graduate Scheme - Employment AdvisorApply for this job →
- £27,500.00 - £27,500.00
- Full time fixed term contract
- Location Flexible
- Reed in Partnership
Are you a graduate who is looking to launch your career within one of the UK’s leading Graduate Schemes?
Do you have a 2:1 or higher in your undergraduate degree? Are you a motivated and result-driven person?
Then the Reed Graduate Scheme could be the ideal programme for you!
The Reed Graduate Scheme has been running for over 25 years and has a track record of producing highly skilled, senior professionals. Examples of our current senior leadership team that started on the scheme include: Pierre Vangrevelynghe (Managing Director, Reed Learning), James Bridgland (Consulting & Solutions Director, Reed Talent Solutions), and Richard Stacey (Senior Head of HR, Reed in Partnership) to name just a few!
Your Year as an Employment Advisor:
As an Employment Advisor within Reed in Partnership you could be working with any range of jobseekers who have (in most cases) been referred to Reed by local authorities to help get them back in to employment. These could include individuals such as ex-convicts, family unit referrals and job centre referrals, for example. You will be assigned a caseload of jobseekers and targeted on placing them into jobs with local businesses.
To achieve your goals you’ll need to be self-motivated, target-driven, and resilient, as well as possess exceptional interpersonal and mediation skills. The role can be very demanding and emotionally challenging at times so only apply if you are up for the challenge! Those who do secure roles with us though find the role highly rewarding.
Not only would you be joining an exciting, high-performing team working on our Welfare-to-Work contracts, but you will also be inducted into the wider Reed Group as part of our three-year Graduate Scheme. This will give you opportunities to explore other business functions and management routes as you enter your second and third years with Reed.
Beyond Year One
By now you will have developed invaluable skills that can be transferred into a whole range of career avenues.
Loving the job? Stay on in operations; roles include Recruitment Manager, Skills Trainer, Health and Wellbeing Adviser, and Adviser Manager. You could work your way up to management through our Career Development Framework which rewards those who deliver on targets. You’ll also be given management training to help you make the transition into senior roles.
Want to expand your horizons? As a member of the Graduate Scheme you’ll have the option to move to another department or area of the Reed Group. Typical roles available on rotation include positions in areas such as: Marketing, Finance, IT, HR, and range of Project roles to meet the strategic business growth needs. Alternatively you may choose to move to an operational role such as a Sales Executive at Reed.co.uk or Recruitment Consultant within Reed.
Opportunities beyond Year One may arise in any of our offices up and down the country, this means there may be a requirement to relocate.
The scheme has three annual intakes in winter, summer, and autumn with capped intake numbers for each. Apply now to start your journey with Reed in Partnership.
Benefits of being on the Reed Graduate Scheme:
- £27,500 starting salary
- Access to a senior mentor
- Annual appraisal to increase to your basic salary
- Professional qualification sponsorship from year two (e.g. CIPD, CIM, Prince2, Harvard HBXCore)
- Flexible career routes and fast-track routes to management
- 3-day induction at the Reed Business School in the Cotswolds
- Industry-leading job training from our dedicated Learning & Development teams
- 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or above (any subject)
- Be eligible to work in the UK on a full-time basis (NB. we cannot offer Visa Sponsorship)
- Show a desire for continual self-improvement.
- Be target-driven, resilient and exhibit exceptional communication skills.
- Geographical flexibility – location preferences will always be accounted for when arranging placements; rotation opportunities are frequently based in London or Northampton where our Head Offices are located. However, rotation opportunities will arise up and down the country and so there might be a requirement to relocate.
Be commercially minded and show an understanding of the recruitment industry/market
Job reference: RinP06095