Employment and Skills Trainer - CambridgeApply for this job →
- £28,000.00 - £33,000.00
- Full time permanent
- Cambridge CB1 7BN
- Reed Employability
Are you passionate about making a difference and helping others?
Would you like to work in a Learning and Development role and make a positive impact on people and their communities?
Then consider the position of Employment and Skills Trainer at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
What the job is about
Our Employment and Skills Trainers are an integral part of our employability programmes. The main purpose of this role is to improve the opportunities of adult jobseekers by coaching, training and upskilling them in order to achieve their career goals.
Please note: Travel is required to Hertford.
Just some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include
- Preparing and delivering training
- Assessing and evaluating results and providing performance feedback
- Maintaining a professional training environment classroom management
- Promoting courses to internal and external stakeholders
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary (pro-rata for part time), and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. All travel for sessions will be reimbursed, and you will have access to the full range of Reed in Partnership benefits, which include:
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata for part time) plus statutory bank holidays
- Reed Pension Scheme
- Award Winning Management & Leadership training
- Professional & Personal Development Funds
- Bi-annual pay reviews
- Plus much more that can be found Here
With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with
- Ability to work to strict targets and with people from various backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience of working in the welfare-to-work or any other similar relevant sector
- Background in preparing and delivering training courses
- Recognised Teaching qualification such as PTTLS or PGCE
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma in combination with GCSE English Language Grade B or above (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). If you do not possess this level of qualification you will be required to achieve a Level 2 in a Literacy Assessment conducted at interview stage.
- Ability to empathise with our members and motivate them
- Passion for delivering excellent job and making long-term positive changes for our members
- Resilience, creativity and adaptability
- Willingness to travel locally (e.g. to deliver training/courses/meet Learners/Employers)
Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Job reference: RinP07667