Employment Adviser - NewcastleApply for this job →
- £26,000.00 - £29,500.00
- Full time permanent
- Newcastle NE1 3JA
- Reed Employability
Are you passionate about making a difference and helping others?
Would you like to work in a role that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do, making a genuine positive impact?
Consider the role of an Employment Adviser at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
What the job is about
Our Employment Advisers are the front line of Reed in Partnership. The main purpose of the role is to support unemployed jobseekers (our participants) with finding and sustaining employment, engage with employers and make local communities aware of the benefits of our service. Our participants are the lifeblood of our business and providing them with an excellent service is at the very core of the Employment Adviser role.
Just some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include
- Meeting with jobseekers, identifying any challenges and barriers with finding employment
- Booking jobseekers to any relevant training courses including customer service, security, hospitality, personal development, IT literacy and many others
- Supporting jobseekers with CV writing and job application process
- Liaising with employers to identify any employment opportunities for the jobseekers
- Outreach work – promoting Reed in Partnership within the local community
What’s in it for you?
A generous base salary (pro-rata for part time), and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. You will have access to the range of Reed in Partnership benefits, which include:
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata for part time) plus statutory bank holidays
- Reed Pension Scheme
- Award Winning Management & Leadership training
- Professional & Personal Development Funds
- Bi-annual pay reviews
- Plus much more that can be found Here
- With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
At Reed in Partnership, we live and breathe our values in every decision and action taken, resulting in a collaborative and enjoyable culture within our offices. Our company values – we are fair open and honest; we take ownership, and we work together.
Where possible we consider applications from candidates that require part-time hours, please discuss with your Talent Partner if this is something you require.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with
- Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills through previous work or social activities
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment (i.e. Customer Services, Hospitality, Social Care, Customer Services, Sales)
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
- Willingness to travel locally (e.g. to meet customers/employers).
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma in combination with GCSE English Language Grade B or above (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). If you do not possess this level of qualification you will be required to achieve a Level 2 in a Literacy Assessment conducted at interview stage.
- Experience of exposure to various customer groups.
- Previous experience of a working in a similar role in Welfare to Work or publicly funded services
- Any relevant advisory and/or training qualification e.g. Award in Education & Training (formally PTLLs Level 3), NVQ Advice & Guidance or equivalent.
A degree in relevant subjects or equivalent, e.g. Sociology, Social Care etc.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Job reference: RinP07884