Employment Adviser - HuddersfieldApply for this job →
- £22,250.00 - £28,000.00
- Full time permanent
- Huddersfield HD1 2HG
- Employment Services
Are you passionate about making a difference and helping others?
Would you like to work in a role that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do, making a genuine positive impact?
Consider the role of an Employment Adviser at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
Better Working Futures is Reed in Partnership’s name for the Work and Health Programme. The service gives people who face additional barriers to finding work the best support available. It is part of a wider package of support for jobseekers and people with disabilities and health conditions announced by the government and aims to bring jobseekers, support provision and employers together to provide greater opportunities for those looking for work.
Please note this an expression of interest to join our established team in Huddersfield, as soon as a vacancy becomes available we will contact successful applicants to begin the recruitment process.
What the job is about
Employment Advisers are the front line of Reed in Partnership. The main purpose of the role is to support unemployed jobseekers (our participants) with finding and sustaining employment, engage with employers and make local communities aware of the benefits of our service. Our participants are the lifeblood of our business, and providing them with an excellent service is at the very core of the Employment Adviser role.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Meeting with jobseekers, identifying any challenges and barriers with finding employment
- Booking jobseekers to any relevant training courses including customer service, security, hospitality, personal development, IT literacy and many others
- Supporting jobseekers with CV writing and job application process
- Liaising with employers to identify any employment opportunities for the jobseekers
- Outreach work – promoting Reed in Partnership within the local community
Key to your success in this role is to demonstrate the ability to build rapport, show empathy, motivate people and influence their perception of working
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Flexible holiday scheme – buy and sell up to 5 holiday days per year
- Personal Development Scheme
- Confidential advice and counselling service
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance Cover
- Health Cash Plan
- Discount Legal Service
- Access to the Reed Discount Club – Get discounts at nearly 1,000 different retailers. These include exclusive retail discounts, offers for eating out, discounted cinema tickets, holiday days and much more.
- And much more!
Required skills and experience
- Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills through previous work or social activities
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment (i.e. Customer Services, Hospitality, Social Care, Customer Services, Sales)
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
- Willingness to travel locally (e.g. to meet customers/employers).
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma in combination with GCSE English Language Grade B or above (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). If you do not possess this level of qualification you will be required to achieve a Level 2 in a Literacy Assessment conducted at interview stage.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
- Experience of exposure to various customer groups.
- Previous experience of a working in a similar role in Welfare to Work or publicly funded services
- Any relevant advisory and/or training qualification e.g. Award in Education & Training (formally PTLLs Level 3), NVQ Advice & Guidance or equivalent.
- A degree in relevant subjects or equivalent, e.g. Sociology, Social Care etc.
Disability Confident Commitment
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria
Job reference: RinPGA00009