Case Manager - DerbyApply for this job →
- £26,000.00 - £29,500.00
- Full time permanent
- Derby DE1 2JT
- Reed Citizen Servicess
Are you passionate about making a difference and helping others?
Would you like to work in a role that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do, making a genuine positive impact?
Consider the role of an Case Manager at Reed in Partnership!
For this role we are ideally looking for someone who can speak fluently in a community language however this not essential.
Community languages may include Arabic, Farsi, Kurdish Sorani, Spanish, Pashto, Albanian, Tigrinya and Dari.
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities.
This role will be on our Refugee Employability Programme, and will provide support for refugees to integrate into life here and build a sustainable and long-term future for themselves and their communities.
What the job is about
A Case Manager is responsible for the attraction, registration and progression of participants to achieve placements. A Case Manager will use a variety of techniques including effective diagnosis, individual and group coaching, maximising on any participant funding available to achieve sustainable employment. Case Managers will deliver our services both in fixed Reed in Partnership locations, co-location sites and where appropriate within community venues, to ensure our services are accessible to all.
An Case Manager will work towards strict targets and guidelines in accordance to the programme obligations and Reed in Partnership process. This is not an exhaustive list and an Case Manager will be expected to carry out any other duties as may be specified by their manager from time to time. This profile is non-contractual.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include
- Meeting with participants, identifying any challenges and barriers with finding employment
- Booking jobseekers to any relevant training courses including customer service, security, hospitality, personal development, IT literacy and many others
- Supporting jobseekers with CV writing and job application process
- Liaising with employers to identify any employment opportunities for the jobseekers
- Outreach work – promoting Reed in Partnership within the local community
- Key to your success in this role is to demonstrate the ability to build rapport, show empathy, motivate people and influence their perception of working
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary (pro-rata for part time), and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. You will have access to the range of Reed in Partnership benefits, which include:
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata for part time) plus statutory bank holidays
- Reed Pension Scheme
- Award Winning Management & Leadership training
- Professional & Personal Development Funds
- Bi-annual pay reviews
- Plus much more that can be found Here
With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment, e.g. Customer Services Assistant, Retail Assistant.
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment. Examples of such experience may include working as an Employment Adviser on a similar contract, being a Recruitment Consultant or experience of Business Development roles, sales targets in a retail business or call centre etc.
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma.
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment. Examples of such experience may include working as a Holiday Representative or Recruitment Consultant, etc.
- Experience of exposure to client groups. These client groups may include incapacity benefit claimants, single parents, those with criminal records, mental health groups, ex-services, specific ethnic minority or faith groups and those with specific disabilities.
- Direct previous experience of a similar role. Roles considered to be similar include the role of Employment Adviser on an employment support or a publicly funded service.
- Degree or relevant qualification. Degree topics may include psychology, sociology, social care/science. Relevant qualifications would include Information Advice and Guidance NVQs, Brokerage Standard, Social Work qualifications or qualifications relating to work with the specific client groups this role will involve.
- Level 3 or 4 NVQ in Advice & Guidance or equivalent.
- Fluency in community languages. Community languages may include Arabic, Farsi, Kurdish Sorani, Spanish, Pashto, Albanian, Tigrinya and Dari.
- Case Manager attributes include Achievement Orientation, Accuracy Orientation, Advice and Guidance, Challenge and Resilience, Flexibility and Adaptability, Empathy and Empowerment, Honesty and Integrity, Planning and Decision Making, Selling and Influencing, and Team Orientation.
- Technical skills include strong administration skills, good computer/technology skills, basic numeracy skills and good written communication/record keeping skills.
- Personal interests include interest in people and willingness to learn.
- Personal circumstances include willingness to travel locally (e.g. to meet Participants/Employers).
- Technical skills include the ability to use technology to deliver results and knowledge of welfare/benefits system.
- Personal interests include interest in career and self-development.
- Personal circumstances include willingness to work flexible hours (e.g. to make retention calls, help run outreach activities outside of normal working hours).
Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria
Job reference: RinP07825