Business Manager - HerefordApply for this job →
- £32,000.00 - £40,000.00
- Full time permanent
- Hereford HR1 2LE
- Reed Employability
Do you pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team?
Do you possess great people management skills and a passion for driving performance?
Consider the role of a Business Manager at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
What is the role about?
The Business Manager is responsible for leading and motivating a team of employment advisers to support caseloads of jobseekers into employment.
Just some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include
- Implementing strategies aimed at upskilling your local community members and overcoming barriers to employment
- Performance management, identifying skills gaps, mentoring and coaching staff
- Adherence to Key performance indicators
- Maintaining productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing Profit and Loss reports and monthly financial forecasting
What’s in it for you?
A generous base salary (pro-rata for part time), and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. You will have access to the range of Reed in Partnership benefits, which include:
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata for part time) plus statutory bank holidays
- Reed Pension Scheme
- Award Winning Management & Leadership training
- Professional & Personal Development Funds
- Bi-annual pay reviews
- Plus much more that can be found Here
- With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
At Reed in Partnership, we live and breathe our values in every decision and action taken, resulting in a collaborative and enjoyable culture within our offices. Our company values – we are fair open and honest; we take ownership, and we work together.
Where possible we consider applications from candidates that require part-time hours, please discuss with your Talent Partner if this is something you require.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with
- Experience in sales management and delivery output
- Track record of working and achieving targets (at least 1 year experience)
- Experience in people management including training and coaching
- Strong administration and IT skills
- Assertiveness, Resilience and good Decision making skills
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma in combination with GCSE English Language Grade B or above (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). If you do not possess this level of qualification you will be required to achieve a Level 2 in a Literacy Assessment conducted at interview stage.
- Interest in people and willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of welfare/benefits system.
- Degree or relevant qualification. Degree topics may include; psychology, sociology, social care/science. Relevant qualifications would include Information Advice and Guidance NVQs, Brokerage Standard, Social Work qualifications or qualifications relating to welfare to work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Job reference: RinP07745